Considering that patients may be apprehensive of the MRI scanner itself, various approaches to incorporating medical equipment into room design can be employed
to reduce patients anxiety. A room that provides "positive distractions" will help take a patients mind off immediate medical concerns. Reduced patient stress leads to improved workflow and greater operational efficiency.
MRI safe lighting, being a specialized product, comes with many requisites to make it compatible for MRI Rooms. It must be lighted using DC (direct current) power. It has been observed that lights that use AC (alternating current) power can affect the quality of the image produced from a MRI machine and also affect its performance. Thus is it important that the MRI room has light fixtures that use DC power. It is essential to have a lighting that is noise free. This is why some MRI safe lights are equipped with isolation transformers that prevent high frequency noise interference with the MRI machine. MRI compatible lights also must have the ability to adjust the light intensity.
• MRI COMPATIBLE LED LIGHTS.
• MRI COMPATIBLE DOWN LIGHTS.
• MRI COMPATIBLE RGB LIGHTS.
• MRI COMPATIBLE GRAPHIC DISPLAY PANELS.
A. MRI COMPATIBLE LED SPOT LIGHTS
• IMPROVED LIGHTING LEVELS: THESE LIGHTS ARE VIRTUALLY UNAFFECTED BY MAGNETIC FIELDS AND PRODUCES EXCELLENT QUALITY LIGHT.
• INCREASED EFFICIENCY: A 9 WATT LED LIGHT CAN REPLACE A 65 WATT INCANDESCENT BULB AND THESE LIGHTS LAST MUCH LONGER.
• REDUCED AIRCONDITION COST: LED BULBS DELIVER HIGH QUALITY LIGHT AND GENERATE VERY LESS HEAT.
• IMPROVED CASH FLOW: LED LIGHTS ARE EXPENSIVE BUT THEY PAY FOR THEMSELVES BY ENERGY SAVINGS AND LOWER MAINTENANCE COST.
• LESS OPERATING COST : OPERATING COST OF A LED LIGHT IS ONLY 10% OF THE INCANDESCENT BULB.